Hotels and Leisure
HR for Hospitality, Hotel and Leisure Industry
Spectra HR offers professional, HR advice and support, delivering a bespoke service to the hotel and leisure industry.
- Recruiting high quality and committed staff through robust procedures
- How to manage staff absence levels
- Disciplinary policies and managing complex cases. Procedures need to be in place and managers need to be trained to ensure these are adhered
- Early conflict resolution, avoiding formal grievance procedures
- A variety of staffing issues
- Recruiting loyal staff particularly when hours of work are not always guaranteed during quiet periods
- Staffing issues when people want time off during peak periods such as Christmas
- Staff training procedures
- Theft can be an issue and the disciplinary policy needs to be robust in order to handle situations that may arise
- Training should be carried out and documented as this may be used in disciplinary cases where an employee is dismissed for failure to adhere to procedures
- Dress code relating to uniform should be clear and concise and should be communicated to staff so they are aware of the professional standards of appearance required by the employer. Lack of regard to company uniform and presentation should be incorporated into the disciplinary policy in addition to the return of uniform once the employment relationship has finished
Example tribunal cases
Working Time Regulations Case
Click to view case
This Tribunal case highlights the importance of adhering to the Working Time Regulations or securing an opt out by the employee without treating them unfairly if they decline to opt out.
Click to view case
This Tribunal case highlights how important equality is at work and how comments can cause a hostile and intimidating environment.
If you require any further information regarding HR support services and want expert advice from industry professionals contact us today. Please call 0845 224 7013 for a FREE no obligation consultation and review or to discuss your needs.
Alternatively request a call back below.