Spectra has a team of highly qualified industry professionals. The nature of the business requires pro-active, reliable and forward thinking individuals to offer our clients the best possible service. Spectra has built a strong reputation within the market in which they operate through best practice and solid customer relations. Our work ethic provides a fast-paced, dynamic environment enabling staff to take on challenging roles and progress within the business. At Spectra we are always on the look out for talented new people to join our team. Please send your CV to us today. Current Vacancies: Fire Risk Assessor Job Purpose: The main purpose of the role is to carry out Fire Risk Management audits, to large and small businesses with a wide range of building types, such as Factories, Offices, Housing Stock, Distribution Centers and storage facilities It is essential that you have had prior experience working heavily in the compliance sector, and within the fire compliance sector, covering all the building types mentioned above.
Typical work activities:Surveyors work in many areas of property and construction so the work is diverse and rarely routine. Tasks may typically involve:
- To Carry out Fire Risk assessments to determine compliance with the fire safety reform order 2005 and thereview of existing Fire Risk Assessments in line with updated legislation.
- Formally risk assessing the findings of the surveys to help prioratise action plans for remedial works;
- Production of fire evacuation plans via Microsoft Visio
- Ensuring that the reports are delivered appropriately with emphasis on quality, standard, timelines and planned program
- Experience of client liaison and development to provide added value to the service provision will be a distinct advantage.
- Up to date working knowledge of current relevant Fire legislations (E)
- Proven ability to think laterally and solve problems and to demonstrate decisiveness (E)
- Ability to understand, challenge and modify different IT collation systems provided by third parties to assist with the delivery of the various survey information (E)
- Effective data inputting and analysis (D)
- bility to work together as part of a larger team, and to be able to tailor the information as appropriate to the audience (E)
- Attention to detail (E)
- Computer and database literate (E)
- Good communication skills at all levels (E)
- Highly self motivated and good at proactive management (E)
- Accomplished time management skills (E)