Workplace Mediation Information for Employers
Why should we use mediation?
Mediation is highly effective as a dispute resolution process, with ACAS reporting an 80% success rate in resolving conflict through mediation. Mediation can be used at any stage of the dispute, but is more effective if used in the early stages before any formal grievance has been brought. 57.3% respondents in the CIPD Conflict Management Survey of 2011 stated that they use mediation to resolve workplace issues with 42.6% using external consultants.
How much will it cost?
The average number of days it takes to handle a grievance case is 15.1 with 6.8 days of management time, 7.6 days of HR time and 0.7 days of in house legal team time.
Spectra charges £750 per day or £149 per hour for mediation services. Standard mediation processes should take no longer than 1 day with more complex ones between 1 and 2 days, so the direct cost and time comparison between grievance handling and mediation is significant.
What are the benefits to the organisation?
Why should we use Spectra?
- Improves relationships between employees (80.5%)
- Reduces/eliminates stress involved in more formal processes (63.6%)
- Avoids costs defending an employment tribunal claim (51.7%)
- Develops a culture on managing and developing people (38.1%)
- Reduces sickness absence (38.1%)
- Retains valuable employees (37.3%)
Specta’s Mediators are ACAS trained and accredited with considerable experience in conflict resolution.
To speak to a trained Mediator, contact us on 0161 926 8519.